GRAPHIC WEB DESIGNER
Experience : Intermediate or Senior
We look at our development team almost like a hockey team. We try to have the best players possible within our means, and we’re always on the lookout for new players that can contribute to our success. We also make sure that the existing team that has taken us to where we are today is well taken care of. Are you ready? Read on!
Our office is a home away from home. Our location is easily accessible, being right next to the Peel Metro station. Work hours are flexible because we trust our employees and allow them to manage their own time. We have superior health insurance. Our kitchen is fully stocked with plenty of complimentary food (fruits, yogurts, granola bars, different types of bread, cold cuts, tea…) and a high-quality coffee machine that also makes Espresso & Cappuccino. There is a beer tap which is especially great when sitting on the bean bags and gaming on the PS4, throwing some darts or playing some guitar. It’s not unusual to want to stick around or take a longer break and hang out. On the contrary, it’s welcomed!
Career at SimplyPHP
The owners of our company are down to earth and they’ve been around for long enough to spot a great developer and recognize their potential. Communication is highly encouraged and hard work can lead to opportunities to evolve within the company. Collaboration is a great way to learn and grow and we want to see our staff thrive and succeed! If you’re a talented developer with decent communication skills in English, you’ll surely fit right in.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Senior Front End developer, as the Graphic Web Designer you will be collaborating with our PHP Developers, Creative Team and HR on a variety of internal and external projects and campaigns. Some of your main responsibilities will include;
- Design original pieces for web, including, but not limited to, website assets, logos, illustrations and infographic, etc.
- Modify existing previously created graphics with new/updated information
- Liaison with external clients to streamline collaborative projects
- Responsible for more complex and important design projects based on priority level, timelines, and the complexity of the project
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions with business/brand leads to develop ideas and portray concepts in order to create content
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Increase user-friendliness in digital products by implementing UX/UI best practices and conducting research on suitable solutions
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Helping to create content for social media
Who we are looking for
You’re both creative and organized with a drive for success. You thrive in a team environment and are passionate about building a brand and making visuals that pop. Someone who is not afraid to think outside the box does not rely on traditional graphic design and is on the cutting edge of design.
- Advanced in design software: Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- An impressive personal portfolio of web graphic design projects
- Experience working on the front end of websites is a strong asset
Our process is fast. Once you reach out to us, we request a 5-minute phone call at the time of your choosing. If all goes well, we are ready to meet you ASAP. The length of the meeting is usually between 1 and 1 ½ hours and consists of the first meeting with our Vibe Manager, then with one or both of our Co-Founders. When we make an offer, we suggest that you sleep on it in order to ensure that you’re making the right decision for yourself.